X-rays (Radiographs)X-rays are a primary tool for early identification of dental problems. Detecting issues with x-rays before they become problems can save you money in the long run by preventing the need for more extensive, expensive procedures or surgeries.
X-rays are primarily used to detect:
• Internal tooth decay
• Cysts (fluid filled sacks at the base of your teeth)
• Tumors, both cancerous and non-cancerous
• Impacted teeth
• Teeth that are still coming in
Digital X-ray Advantages
Digital x-rays have several advantages over traditional film based x-rays:
• They emit up to 90% less radiation
• They are ready for examination nearly instantly
• They can be viewed on a computer screen
• Their image can be refined and enlarged
• They are greener; no chemicals are needed for processing
Please contact us
if you have any questions about dental x-rays.